Creamy Berry Smoothies (Tofu)


Creamy Berry Smoothies (Tofu)
By Taste of Home

Serves: 2
Prep / Total Time: 10 min min
#TasteofHome 
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.


Creamy Berry Smoothies
Image from Taste of Home
There was some Tofu sitting in my fridge from when my mom was visiting. I'm not one to use much Tofu so I was wondering what I could make with it. Neither me or my husband is a huge fan of Tofu. When I found this recipe I wondered if it was any good so I decided to give it a go.
The servings say it serves 2, but it really serves one. So if you're wanting it for 2 people, I'd suggest doubling the recipe.
When using tofu, I learned you rinse off the tofu before using it.
It was easy making it - just throw all the ingredients into the blender and BLEND! haha!
As for the tasting...I brought it to my husband and we shared the first taste. It was pretty good! A little too tart for my taste. I wonder if I were to add more tofu if the tart would die down. Other than that, we both loved it. I waited until he was all done to ask him what he thought I put in it. He guessed a few of the items. When I told him there was tofu, his eyes got big and he stared at his glass. He had no idea - but loved it just the same. Success!
I would make this again, but maybe try a little more tofu in it next time.


Comments

Popular Posts