Dill-Stuffed Mushrooms

Serves: 24 Servings
Total Time: 30 Min
Recipe By: Dojemi


I love mushrooms, so I figured this would be DELICIOUS! 
These were the biggest mushrooms I could find in the store without them being the GINORMOUS ones. There's 16 total - but it still seemed to work out perfect. I removed the stems easily by just pulling them out. I found one that had mold on it...either that or they were frozen before. I had just gotten them from the store so that kind of freaked me out. I got rid of the one the one that seemed moldy (down to 15 mushrooms) and rinsed all the rest of the mushrooms. 

I continued on to chopping up the mushroom stems and green onions. It said to leave the tops of the green onions, but I had no idea what that meant, so I just chopped them as I usually do. 

Once I started cooking everything, it turned out a lot more of a dry mixture than I expected. There was barely any Worcestershire sauce or dill, but I hoped I would still be able to taste them. 

When everything was done cooking I put the mixture into the mushroom caps - there was just enough for my 15 mushrooms - good thing I didn't do 24! I also added cheese on top. 

Stuck them in the oven for about 7 minutes or so and when they came out they were so pretty! I ended up added some extra salt when they were done as they were a little bland. I was kind of disappointed as I didn't taste much dill. I'd suggest adding more dill while making the mixture. 
The mushrooms were pretty slimy. Any suggestions on how to make them not so slimy? Other than what I mentioned, they ended up pretty good. 

Well, here's to next time! Mama Smith, Over and Out!

Comments

Popular Posts