Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus

Recipe by: Christina Cherrier
Yields: 4 Servings

Prep Time: 10 Min / Cook Time: 20 Min / Total Time: 30 min
Retrieved Recipe from here

Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus - #recipe by #eatwell101
Just staring at the pictures made my mouth water! I chopped up 3 huge chicken breasts and seasoned them with salt and garlic powder (didn't have onion powder - hopefully it'll still work haha)! Trying to do things semi fast as my baby will be getting hungry soon!

Boiled asparagus and since I don't have any ice I just put them in cold water after cooking. But 2 min wasn't long enough for the big bulks of asparagus I had. It was 2 bunches so I dont know why it said only 2 min. I ended up doing 4 minutes.

So it turns out that with cooking the chicken my Skillet wasn't big enough. But I decided to cook all the chicken inside of it anyways. So I ended up having chicken fall out while I was stirring it. Also my stove top only has small burners they look medium but they're pretty small. So it wasn't reaching the entire pan while cooking and it seems that either my Skillet is favoring one side or my stove top is slanted because all of the butter and oil and grease went to the left side of my skillet. I would suggest cooking part of the chicken until it's completely done taking it out putting it aside and then cooking the rest of the chicken. Or having to Skillets on the stove and cooking a both at the same time instead of trying to do it all at once. It might even help the chicken to cook even faster. I ended up going back and forth between cooking the chicken and missing the garlic because I didn't mince the garlic before cooking anything I would suggest and prepping the chicken you mince the garlic as well.

Honestly I'm a bit confused on the measurements. It said to add the garlic and butter (full amount said in ingredients) while cooking chicken. Then afterwards it says to put in the remaining butter and garlic.... what??

The final product - I'm not extremely impressed honestly. The chicken looks nothing like the pictures and doesn't have a huge amount of flavor. And the asparagus has a little too much of a kick for my liking. Add some brown rice with it and it helps even the meal out a bit. Sadly disappointed in the outcome. It looked oh so delicious in those pictures. Oh well...on to the next cooking experiment!

P.s. - took way longer with that much chicken that the said time.

Cooking Mama,
Over and Out!

Retrieved Recipe from here

Comments

Popular Posts